Community and Comprehensive Planning services help with the development of plans to assist rural communities throughout Ohio with strategic plans for their futures.
Comprehensive planning services are available through WSOS’s Community Development Department. These services include the following:
- Project Good START – which combines a number of community input processes (resident, business, high school student surveys, key informant interviews, a community meeting, and a steering committee that oversees the entire process) with the development of a report that includes locally-derived action planning and evaluation.
- Economic Development strategies for distressed areas
- Comprehensive land use plans
- Plans for administration of local revolving loan funds
- Downtown revitalization strategies
- Transportation plans
Customized planning reports can also be designed and produced to address local needs. A variety of reports, studies, and position papers for projects involving downtown development, low-income household banking needs, and business needs have been prepared.
All Ohio counties
Ben Kenny (Community Development Coordinator)
219 South Front St.
Fremont, OH 43420