Provides utility assistance for electric and heating bills to households threatened with a utility shut off, already disconnected or having less than a ten day fuel supply. (Propane, fuel oil, wood, kerosene, coal and corn/wood pellets) pellets)
To schedule an appointment call 888-441-4327.
- Assistance availablity ranges from $175.00 to $750.00 depending on the electric and heating source.
- Payment plans can also be set on accounts, depending on the utility company providing services to the home.
Households must be threatened with a utility shut off, already disconnected or having less than 25% fuel supply. (Propane, fuel oil, wood, kerosene, coal and corn/wood pellets)
These documents are required at every EHEAP appointment:
- Picture ID.
- Birth Certificate.
- All of the pages of your current electric and gas bill, or information on your bulk fuel account.
- If you have a new bulk fuel account bring a statement showing the minimum delivery amount required.
- All social security numbers for everyone in the household.
- All birth dates for everyone in the household.
- Proof of disability (if applicable) if anyone in your household is disabled.
- Documentation of all income in your household for 3 months (previous to the appointment date) for those 18 or older in the household.
Ottawa, Sandusky, Seneca, Wood
|Size of Household
|3 Month Income Limit
|Yearly Income Limit
For households with more than 6 people add $1,820 per person to the 3 Month Income Limit; add $7,280.00 per person to the Yearly Income Limit.
Income level cannot exceed the stated income guidelines